Monday, July 12, 2010

Mosaic Monday ~ Margaritaville



I thought I'd share some photos from the gulf coast taken over the years since I’ve got Margaritaville on my mind. Jimmy Buffett was in Gulf Shores Sunday doing a concert for the coast. It was to promote tourism and give everyone a little break from the oil spill. We didn't attend it, didn't get tickets, plus I don't think I could have handled the crowd or the heat. We watched it live on CMT and loved it. The first 10 minutes I couldn’t stop saying “OMG, look at the crowd!” Great turn out - 35,000. CMT plans to air it again a few more times so maybe you can catch it if you missed it.

He even reworked his song “When the Coast is Clear”. Here is a video clip from the show.



Link to Music Video
 
Where is Margaritaville? I think it's wherever you want it to be, wherever you make it. It’s been several places for me…. From a Midwestern river, a northern lake full of fish, a quick trip to the east coast, a vacation condo at the beach, to boating the intercoastal or fishing the gulf, to a kiddy pool in the suburbs, to a screened-in porch with cheap chaise lounge chair. And no I’m not a drinker but I’m really good at being a beach bum. :-)

So where is your Margaritaville?

~ Melody

Here's today's Mosaic Monday at the Little Red House blog and the list of other pretty Mosaic Mondays.

8 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful pictures. Pity how the oil had damaged such beauty on the shores..

    By the way, is that a shark you caught? Speaking of close encounter heh? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures!!
    I love Jimmy Buffet, especially while I'm here in Florida!

    M.E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful mosaic! It makes me long to be sitting on a beach watching fishing boats in the distance as the sun sets. *sigh*

    Your definition of Margaritiville is perfect..."Whereever you want it to be, whereever you make it."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that definition! Margaritaville, for me, has been right here beside the pond, lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband caught and released the shark. I fish but haven't been on the boat when a shark was pulled it. I'd be screaming, I'm sure. lol

    Thanks for the comments. Glad you all like my mosaic and definition.

    Enjoy your Margaritavilles :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful pics! The concert was so awesome...I was there!!!Got tickets at 3:00 and we were able to get up really close...I will post pics soon:) Thanks for the sweet comment.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful photos! And I agree, Margaritaville "is" wherever you want it to be!

    Have a great weekend!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEautiful mosaic.. perfect for my little lakehouse..

    currently my M-ville is in the back -by the kiddie pool..

    Vie

    ReplyDelete