Monday, January 24, 2011

Dock of the Bay ~ Mosaic Monday


These were taken over the years at various local docks. I can't wait for Spring and Summer. We didn't get as much time on the water last year so this year will be extra special.

I'm adding a couple of fish eye dock shots. My husband asked if I ever used our fish eye lens anymore. I have to admit it doesn't get as much use as it should for the price. It has it's limits but it's lots of fun to play with.

This is over at Sportsman Marina in Orange Beach, Alabama. They've got a great crew over there, always friendly and helpful.




Here's a link back to Mosaic Monday at Little Red House.

Happy Mosaic Monday everyone!

~ Melody

4 comments:

  1. I, too, have a fish eye lens...used it a lot when I first got it, but have not been shooting with it as of late. It takes a special shot to make it work and your did it really well. I love it. Your mosaic is lovely and makes those of us who grew up on the beach in Florida wish we were back there right now. This cold weather here in VA is a really rough this winter. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these shots!
    I so could live on the water for the rest of my life.
    Maybe a retirement spot?
    LOVE the fish eye lens shots. The water almost resembles a golf ball in a way?!
    Thanks for the post.
    Wishing of warmer days too.
    xx
    Alison
    Thanks for following me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melody, these photos are amazing! I have been thinking of buying a fish eye lens, but for the type of photography I do, I don't know that I'd use it often enough to substantiate the cost of it.

    Thanks for stopping by the blog. Have you seen the bottles I make with shells and corals soldered to the top? They might look fabulous with your collection.

    If you're interested in seeing photos - email me at artie.vanderpool@gmail.com

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I SO love your mosaic! Great photos of docks! I don't have a fish eye lens...it does like it would be fun to play with :-)

    ReplyDelete