Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Day!

I thought I’d share some photos of the flag that we pass by a lot. These were taken from the car window so they are far from perfect. It seems I’m always saying “Slow down so I can get a photo of….” This flag is outside our local electric company. I love seeing it ripple in the wind.









I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. We enjoyed some beautiful fireworks at the Wharf in Orange Beach last night. It’s been up and down here the past week. We had family come in and we all stayed at condos at the Wharf. We had lots of fun and a great visit. I went on the Lazy River over at the Wharf’s Oasis. I’d never been on one before. Wow! I want one! I guess I better start buying Lotto tickets.

We also had a fire at the Gulf Shores State Park which was quite scary. Thankfully no one was harmed. It took a few days to put out. I applaud the firefighters who worked so hard on it, especially in the summer heat. They also had to do a lot of back burns to kill off fuel. Some businesses and homes were threatened but the firefighters protected them. There was a lot of smoke in the area. We even had smoke and ash fall on our house which was a few miles from the fire. In the end just under 1,000 acres were burned.

Right now I’m so glad to look out the window and see clear blue sky.

Have a great 4th of July Everyone. Stay safe.

To learn more about this great destination in Orange Beach, Alabama please check out The Wharf  - They have shopping, dining, events, concerts, festivals, light shows, condos to rent or buy, and so much more to do. 



1 comment:

  1. Testing out the new Google+ connection on my long neglected blog. :-) To see where it shows up.

    ReplyDelete